Public Event Venue Rentals
We primarily rent the cinema for private events, but occasionally we will rent the cinema for public events.
If you are interested in renting our cinema for a public event, please email us directly (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following details:
- Your name & organization
- Your phone number
- An overall description of the event you would like to organize
- Information about the movie you would like to play
- Your preferred timing for the event (time frame, dates, timeslots, etc)
- Whether you require more time than the standard 2 hours & 15 minutes we usually allocate for rentals.
- The number of attendees you expect to have
- Your preference of which cinema to rent (The Metro, The Roxy or The Cameo)
- Whether you have any special technical requirements (laptop playback, powerpoint slides, live streaming, Zoom Q&A, etc)
- Whether you will be selling tickets (or making it a free event).
We will follow up within a few days, to let you know if we can take on your event, and provide a quote on the cost. (Note: we are taking on fewer public event venue rentals than we have in past years).
Our 3 cinemas available to rent
- The Metro (47 seats) – Our intimate retro cinema.
Public rentals start at $350+hst
- The Roxy (68 seats) – Our premium boutique cinema with exposed brick walls.
Public rentals start at $400+hst
- The Cameo (111 seats) – Our largest cinema with a stage & advanced tech options.
Public rentals start at $500+hst
We charge more for public event rentals than we do for private event rentals, as they tend to require more time from our staff. The cost of our public rentals vary, depending on the timing, size & complexity of your event.
The cinema is potentially available to rent 7 days a week, mornings, afternoons & evenings.
Events on Fridays & Saturdays at 4pm & 7pm cost extra.
When you rent the cinema, you will need to handle your own ticket sales (in advance and/or at the door). We recommend the website Eventbrite for online ticketing. Eventbrite can also handle RSVPs for free ticketed events.
You can charge whatever ticket prices you wish, and can keep 100% of your ticket sales revenue. You can also collect donations at the door for non-profit fundraising.
Local Rentals Only
We only rent the cinema for public events hosted by local Kingston-based organizations & individuals. We do not rent the cinema to non-local promoters.